As a part of the Swachhata Hi Seva Cleaning Campaign on 1st October, 2023, a novel scheme named “14 Minutes Miracle” has been launched by Indian Railways for cleaning of rakes of Vande Bharat Express. This super-fast cleanliness drive was launched at three stations viz. Howrah, Ranchi and Rourkela of South Eastern Railway today (01.10.2023). Vande Bharat trains will witness a revolutionary cleaning process that aims to optimize efficiency and reduce turnaround time. These premium trains, known for their luxurious services, will now be cleaned and prepared for the next trip within a remarkable 14 minutes time.
In this “14 Minutes Miracle” scheme, the cleaning will be done manually, for which the staff have been extensively trained. The Railway Board has instructed all zones and divisions to ensure that cleaning of trains start only after all passengers have deboarded. The Cleaning staff starts the process by collecting garbage from different parts of the coach. Then dry mopping starts inside the coach and window glasses are cleaned from outside. Dusting is done on the snacks table and seats from one end to other. Later, wet mopping is done inside the coach. Meanwhile, toilets, mirrors & doorway areas are cleaned and toiletries are refilled. Finally, the cleaning staff take the collected garbage and dispose them off at designated locations.
This scheme will ensure that the passengers are able to board a cleaner train in a shorter time.
- 20898 Ranchi-Howrah Vande Bharat arrived Howrah station and was cleaned at a record 14 minutes. DRM, Kharagpur has monitored the total cleaning process at Howrah Station New Complex.
- 22349 Patna-Ranchi Vande Bharat reached Ranchi and was also cleaned in a record 14 minutes. DRM, Ranchi has monitored the total cleaning process at Ranchi station.
- 20836 Puri-Rourkela Vande Bharat Express reached Rourkela and was cleaned at a record 14 minutes. DRM, Chakradharpur has monitored the total cleaning process at Rourkela station.
- Collection of garbage inside the coach of Ranchi – Howrah Vande Bharat Express under “14 Minutes Miracle” scheme at Howrah station New Complex on 01.10.2023
- Cleaning of exterior of the coach of Patna – Ranchi Vande Bharat Express under “14 Minutes Miracle” scheme at Ranchi station on 01.10.2023
- Mopping is done inside the coach of Puri – Rourkela Vande Bharat Express under “14 Minutes Miracle” scheme at Rourkela station on 01.10.2023
SER TOOK PART IN “1 HOUR SHRAMDAAN FOR SWACHHATA”
as a part of ‘Swachhata Hi Seva’ – a Special Cleanliness Campaign
Sri Anil Kumar Mishra, General Manager, South Eastern Railway launched the “ 1 hour Shramdaan for Swachhata” – the Cleanliness Drive at Shalimar station of South Eastern Railway today (01.10.2023). Sri A.K. Dubey, Additional General Manager and other Principal Head of the Departments along with staff and officers took part in this programme. Intensive cleanliness drive was initiated at the platforms, railway track and station area as a part of “Swachhata Hi Seva” campaign. Officers and staff also offered Shramdaan at 10 locations of SER Headquarters, Garden Reach.
As a run up to Gandhi Jayanti, a unique call to action has been given by the Prime Minister to the fellow citizens. He appealed for 1 hour of shramdaan for swachhata at 10 am on 1st October by all citizens collectively. He said that this will be a ‘Swachhanjali’ to Bapu on the eve of his Jayanti.
This “1 Hour Shramdaan for Swachhata” was also organised in four Divisions of SER i.e. Kharagpur, Adra, Chakradharpur and Ranchi. Shramdaan was offered at 1829 locations and total 29364 officers and staff participated in this massive cleanliness campaign.
Apart from intensive cleaning drives, Nukkad Nataks, Tree plantation, Awareness campaigns were also organized at different locations over the SER jurisdiction.
PHOTO CAPTION :
- Sri Anil Kumar Mishra, General Manager, South Eastern Railway participating in “ 1 hour Shramdaan for Swachhata”, the Cleanliness Drive at Shalimar station of South Eastern Railway on 1st October, 2023.